Thursday 25 June 2015

First Art Exhibition

I am very excited (well, at this point I'm rather blasé) to have my first art exhibition at the Victorian Artist's Society!
Not only that, but my teacher is keen to introduce my work to the Melbourne Women's Artist's Society also, which is highly optimistic, however I'm also rather lackadaisical also about that also. Not that it isn't something to be absolutely thrilled about, but more so I don't want to get too excited too quickly. (For example, I've been excited enough to tell people about it, but not enough to actually Google who they are, or to check if their name is correct.)
Thing about trying to do art is that it doesn't work. You have an amazing image inside your head that would make the the angels themselves weep, you try it, it doesn't work, you get stressed and throw a tantrum, and in that splash of paint flying everywhere without really caring, some lands on a piece of paper, you look at it, and think, you know what, that's not bad. That's how I seem to be working recently. Ergo, don't try to get 'it'. Just keep paint.
(I congratulate anyone who read that sentence-paragraph above)

Now that I've typed all that out, I feel like I've rather convinced myself to text my art teacher and ask her about the women's artists society and actually do some research.

Happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment